Tips & Ideas - DIY Gourmet Popcorn Bar
Get creative! A few tips and ideas to help plan your perfect Reception / Event DIY Popcorn Bar.
- Make sure you will have the use of a suitable table top or bar on which put your exquisite popcorn jar display
- Assign someone to help you plan the design of your bar, someone who has got an eye for theme & design. Some themes to date have been: Great Gatsby / Movie Night / Purple / Mellow Yellow / Autumnal / Rustic and so on...
- Have some nice jars / buckets to fill and some scoops for your guests to help themselves. Interesting jars can be picked up in Dunnes Stores Home, TK Maxx, IKEA (make sure they have a large top to allow the scoop in) and so on. If you would like a recommendation from ourselves on where best to source Jars / Scoops at the moment send us a quick email.
- Have some tasteful containers / cornets / bags for your guests to fill with their chosen flavours.
- A nice big piece of bunting or a big chalk sign to welcome everyone to your popcorn bar is a must.. A great way to diaplay pairing ideas and to create some chatter.
- Having some tags / name-cards handmade or printed is a nice way to show your guests the different flavours on your popcorn bar (but don't worry - we automatically send you the allergen labels / name tag to display on your table)
- NB: Make sure that the popcorn is air-tight until it's time to munch (Popcorn loves moisture so cover tightly with jar lids or clingfilm until service time).
- NB: Ask staff / assigned popcorn helper to refill the jars when they are getting low.
- NB: Make sure to have a little extra rather than not enough as popcorn is a real winner when it comes to chatting & mingling.
When should I present the popcorn bar?
Ideal when people are peckish, and a fab talking point for mingling. For receptions people find the popcorn bar is perfect after the ceremony/conference and before the meal - a great talking point and the perfect centre piece to mingling.
Where can I get Accesories?
Here on Cornude.ie you can order Popcorn Bunting, Serving Cornets & Container. Feel free to be as creative as possible and shop around. If you require Jars & Scoops give us a quick email and we'll send on our recommendations.
How can I order my popcorn?
We can provide you with artisan, hand-made, popcorn in bulk. Just order here online This will arrive in 7Liter, sealed bulk bags.
How much popcorn is in a bulk bag?
Each bulk bag holds approx 7 Litres of coated corn. This equates to approx (22 generously filled x 1-cup-portions) or (35 x Dainty Cornude Cornets) - Be careful not to order big popcorn holders from the internet - Cornude's popcorn is super luxurious and therefore large portions for guests would overload the senses.
What flavours should I choose?
When choosing flavours have a think about your guests pallets and what drinks you will be serving with. Our Sweet Signature Caramels are sea-salted caramels and toffees with the addition of toasted nuts or drizzled chocolates whichbpair very well with dark beers, teas & coffees. We also have hot numbers if you feel a bit of spice would be in order: Hot chilli peanut caramel, Mouthy Masala (Savoury) and Chipotle & Aleppo (Savoury). Rule of thumb is that the savoury numbers alongside salted caramels go really well with the drinks bar.
When will I get my order?
We will courier your popcorn to you 2 days before your event (or on a specified date of your choosing, - note box at the cart when ordering), ensuring you have a superb freshness for your guests. Nationwide Delivery. As we are a small business we aim to help with courier costs and the cost is subsidised, calculated at checkout.
How far in advance should I order the popcorn?
As everything is hand made it's good to let us know a couple of weeks in advance if you can. (At the moment production is generally running at capacity so please give us at least 3 weeks notice if possible) Just order online and fill in the details for your preferred delivery date (in the note box, at the cart)
What is so different about Cornude Artisan Popcorn?
At Cornude we produce your popcorn by hand. Every morsel has been given lovin' attention. The outcome is a sublime offering that has NOT been through factory processing but through small batch attention using artisan techniques. We do not use 'flavours' or stabilizers but real ingredients, so you and your guests can delight in having a high quality, taste-filled product as recommended here: http://www.guides.ie/recommendations/cornude-artisan-popcorn
What is the shelf life on Cornude's popcorn?
The caramel based varieties have a 6 week shelf-life and the savouries have a 21 day shelf-life. We produce it, to order, for your event so your popcorn will be super fresh.
Can I hire your jars and scoops for the event? Where can I get those lovely Jars?
We generally do not hire out our jars & scoops as courier prices tend to exceed costs. Email us and we can recommend our Jar & Scoop partner for supply.
Popcorn Storage and Service
Store in a dark place / covered and keep at a cool temperature. (Cover with a tablecloth in a cool room while storing before the event)
Opening of Bags
You will need scissors to open the bags. Never open the product days before the event, moisture in the air plays havoc with the freshness.
Display on the day
Ensure that the product is in a sealed environment until service, again moisture in the air is not good for freshness. If your display vessel does not come with a tightly fitting lid, use clingfilm until guests arrival. Those of you using buckets for display are advised to line your buckets with a bag, tie with a ribbon and have it opened for service
*Chocolate varieties should always be kept / served in a cool area, and out of direct sunlight.